Who was looking for the peacock pheasant??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 92caddy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I remember there was thread where someone was looking for them. If I remember right, the thread kind of got heated up. Im looking for that person who was looking for them birds. ...................

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Anybody remember this thread???????..........

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    oh I dont remember but I will give your post a little bump.. how could it get heated with the desire of a peacock??? ya never know

4. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Well I remember a little bit of it, but not enough to say. Its a pheasant that has feathers that look like a peacock. They are pretty rare and can cost a small fortune. They are very hard to raise from what Ive heard and read. Thanks............

5. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I thought a pea was a pheasant?

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Males are pea cocks and the hens are called pea hens. A pheasant is not a peacock. There is a pheasant that looks like a peacock, feather wise. You should be able to find the bird on feathersite.com...............

7. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Thanks, but thats not the bird. They are on feathersite.com under nondomestic species. There is the grey and the palawan peacock pheasant................

8. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Was it the thread where a new person??? said he would pay a thousand for this type of bird? I seem to remember it was in a buy sell trade section.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by