Who watches the Showtime series Dexter?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickensioux, Apr 19, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Is anyone addicted to this program as much as me?[​IMG]

2. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    my mom and sister are crazy about it

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Is that the serial killer show?

***I googled it. I don't have Showtime, but honestly, I think that has to be the most disgusting premise for a show on television. I cannot believe we are supposed to sympathize with a serial killer. Omigosh, it's just way too much for me. Wouldnt watch it, sorry.

4. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    I would watch it but we don't get Showtime. I might buy it on a DVD in a season set on E-bay. Then I can just sell it on E-bay when I'm done with it.

5. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:I was talking more along the lines of how well written it is, compelling entertainment, witty, and most successful series on showtime.
    Yes, while about a serial killer, it's not what you think. Millions and millions stay tuned.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I agree Cyn.....it was on "regular" TV for a while. I thought it was the most disgusting show idea that I had ever heard of. I didn't watch it then and we don't have cable, but I wouldn't watch it even if we did.

7. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I love it. He kills people who commit horrible violent crimes and get off on technicalities. Obviously he has some issues, his mother was killed by a chainsaw wielding maniac right in front of him as a small child. Shows about cookie cutter people who aren't flawed don't interest me. Some people are more flawed than others. It's only a television show, not one for kids either.

No Showtime for me, I (ahem) dislike the late night programming.

Watch online - Itunes, Netflix etc.

8. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    Another fan here. I don't get Showtime but watched the first season on DVD. Will be Netflixing the second season soon. While a gory show it is very well written. Not for kids by any means. Gotta love a serial killer who kills only those who deserve it.
    Of course I also am a fan of Deadwood and Rome. Two other not for the squeamish or under 18 type shows.

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I love that show! Dexter has a conscience, not your ordinary serial killer and his sister is just as messed up as he is. When he straps those guys to the table with their mouth taped shut.....I just love the kharma.

I was also seriously addicted to the Sopranos.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] Ok, so he is choosy with who he kills? [​IMG] Geez, I dont think I can do this conversation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by