Who wears a mask cleaning up after their chickens?

Quote:
I don't like anything in my nails either. Especially when I make homemade bread dough or homemade pizza dough. I scrub for at least 10 minutes before kneading the dough.

Quote:
x2 yup. The effort invested now will pay off later, when we are old and HEALTHY.
smile.png

I don't usually wear one because it's just too hot, and I don't feel like I can breathe that well while wearing it, but I did wear one the first time I dusted my chickens for lice. I've only been wearing gloves while dusting the chickens for lice as well, but I probably should also wear them for cleaning because I have to pick some of the bedding up with my hands, too. I usually just get the cleaning over with and then go take a nice, long bath to get off all the lovely, poopy dust. I also don't use DE in my coops if it makes a difference.

I wear one because after im done cleaning the coop a cough my brains out for about a half an hour then for the rest of the day i feel asthough i can't take in full breaths of air.

I sure do, I use the disposable paper kind, and I always wear gloves. I have a small coop, so when I'm stirring up the bedding in there the dust gets pretty thick pretty fast. Yesterday I dusted the coop and the birds with Sevin, and you better believe I had my mask on then! I also have an 8 month old baby, so after cleaning the coop I strip off my clothes at the door and go straight to the shower before I touch the baby.

Mask and gloves. I'm a soapmaker, and mr saddi and i have undergrad degrees in chem, so we have a stack of masks, and a box of gloves in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom