1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who/what am I

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by steph0601, Mar 7, 2014.

1. steph0601

steph0601 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2014
    I was thinking, At first this was a welsummer male, but now I'm not so sure. It has the cheeks and beard like an americana or an Easter egger. I was thinking male also, but again not I'm not sure[​IMG]

2. rocknchickenfam

rocknchickenfam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Ohio
    If I had to guess, which is a guess... I'm saying female Easter Egger. Looks like one I got

3. steph0601

Jan 15, 2014
    That would be cool if it was female. Do males have the same cheeks and beards though.

4. rocknchickenfam

Jun 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Males have a different coloring, more patchy... females are more of the same pattern. I believe males have bigger beards and muffs... that is me thinking again but I think I read that before. Also I don't know how old yours is but the comb didn't seem very red

5. Aacre

Aacre Chillin' With My Peeps

I second the female EE! [​IMG]

6. steph0601

Jan 15, 2014
    This is awesome news, are we skidish this one is always running from me that's why I thout it was a roo. I don't have exact age but it is btw 13 and 16 weeks

7. rocknchickenfam

Jun 26, 2012
    Ohio
    My gal is pretty nervous also... she was broody raised though by one of my other hens. I've used a lot of treats and time to earn more trust from her... we are in a better place:) Out just takes time, treats abd a lot of patience.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    that's an Easter egger pullet.

beards and muffs aren't sex linked at all, so both genders are equally likely to have them.

2 people like this.
  9. rocknchickenfam

Jun 26, 2012
    Ohio

Thank you for clearing that up...I couldn't remember what I read...I read so much on this site lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by