Who?, What? and New Arrivals, Welcome to the Menagrie...pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Turkeyrangler, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    So I'm been getting some birds from a man who is moving and can't take them all. So far I've gotten four turkeys, domestic eastern wilds, four hens, and three India Blue Peafowl(two adults I picked up today). I had two Domestic Eastern Wilds of my own and a Rooster acquired from another place. So I have some questions. BTW...these were all free. They are all together in the same run since they were together before with no problems with diseases.

First off these two want to welcome you to the menagrie, when they still had grass a few weeks ago. Sorry for all the feathers, we have some molting going on.

[​IMG]

Next...are these two ameraucana or EE??? Hen and 18 week old cockerel. She lays blue/green eggs, both have green legs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next...Is anyone good at sexing young peafowl?? Peacock or peahen here??? He/she is about 2 1/2 to 3 months old. Probably too young to tell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last...I just wanted to show these two off...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance...[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    how beautiful, lucky you. this is only a guess but dont pea hes have less colouring then cocks, I dont know when the colours come out, so I'm just talking out my ear. gl with all the fowel

3. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Quote:Yes, the peacocks have much more color than the peahens as you can see in the last pic, but when they are young it's hard to tell. I'm hoping that I have one peacock and two peahens. I was told these two adults are a mated pair. BTW- the Ameraucana/EE hen is raising the peachick and four turkey poults. Great little mom and she takes no guff from anyone in the run..including the tom turkey and the cockerel.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by