Who will have bantam cochin hatching eggs this spring?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hooterville, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

I have an over-abundance of frizzled banty cochin roos and need to try and hatch some smooth feathered girls for them. Will anyone have bantam cochin hatching eggs this spring?

Would like to have some names for future ordering!

Thanks!

Becky in WV

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i have bantam frizzled cochins in blue/black/splash but lately i've been hatching mostly smooths,lol. i will have them in spring if u'd like to consider a futer trade to add a new bloodline to both our flocks. if u r interested just get ahold of me in like feb. and remind me. oh what colors do u have?
    thanks,
    silkie

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I should be having some black mottleds in the spring.

4. Hooterville

Here's the roos I have--I'm not sure if Bluebell is considered "blue" or what. and I have no idea what color to call Rusty!

Looking to find them some smooth girls!

Bluebell ( he was named when I thought he was a girlie)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rusty
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I also have a black frizzle boy.
    I only have 2 smooth--1 is blue and 1 is cuckoo.

Checkers is the cuckoo--I think that's what its called!
    [​IMG]

I can get pics of the blue one later.

I would love to trade but right now I'm only sure of 2 pullets--I may have something else to ad if you're interested, though!

5. Hooterville

Julie, your black mottleds are precious! Do you have a list or should I just contact you in February? I won't start hatching again until about then.

Silke--I would love to trade some--I'll get with you in February and see what we can work out.
    Thanks!

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Rusty is so cool! Almost looks like a blue laced red!

I will have some in the Spring as long as everyone cooperates. I have a pen of one roo and 7 hens (all black) and one of one roo and 5 hens (all blue). I'm not sure, yet if I'll keep them seperated or put them all together in the big pen. OR put the blue with the blacks and black with the blues to get some other colors. :)

I won't be hatching much next year because I think I'll be a little overwhelmed as it is. [​IMG]

7. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i was just looking at ur pics on another post yesterday i think it was. i didn't know it was u,lol till just now. i agree that one does look similar to blue laced red i thought same thing and very beautiful.

pics of mine r on my byc page and website. they like to cam hide so there isn't to many pics of them but in some the show pics r better close ups of them. if there is a smooth birchen pictured with them i no longer have him.

8. Hooterville

I love Rusty's color, too, just not real sure what to call it!

Wow, Asher, I can see from your siggy line that you're a busy one! I'm putting you on my list and I'll contact you in the spring to see what you have available then. Thanks a bunch!

Becky

9. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I have banty cochins also.But would not know which are smooth and which would be frizzle since I have both.I have 3 chicks right this weekend that mama hatched out.They are sooo cute.

10. Hooterville

Silkie,
    Is the one on your BYC page considered blue or splash? I still have trouble with my blue/splash! [​IMG]

I'm curious as to what Bluebell might be considered. As a chick he was very blue/gray but is he considered a blue?

I'd love to get with you in the spring. Your birds are beauties!

Becky

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by