Who would've thought....

swatchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
...I just put my 12 three week old chicks out into a straw bale brooder coop beside the front porch today, and I cannot believe how nervous I am about how they'll be overnight. I'm sure they'll be warm enough, and I'm pretty confident that the raccoons can't get anywhere near them, but now I'm freaking out about rodents getting in there. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I actually put the baby monitor out there so I can hear them if they get distressed.... I thought I was much more pragmatic than this.

LOLOL I did the SAME thing with my first batch don't feel bad
big_smile.png
Your just a good chicken mommy!
thumbsup.gif

My DH put his foot down when I wanted to go buy a baby monitor for that exact reason.
smack.gif
He won...but only because I walked out and put my ear against the door like 5 times after they were in the coop and didn't hear a peep out of them!
jumpy.gif

What a smart idea. I dragged my butt out there every hour or so all night to check on mine. I would have got more sleep sleeping out there with them. I need to go get one of those video baby monitors...

Quote:
OMG!! If I had video of them I would NEVER get anything done! LOL I thought about setting up one of our computers with a webcam on...but figured manufacturer wouldn't cover chicken poop all over it!
gig.gif

Thanks for all the "your not crazy" support! The babies did just fine, of course, and the monitor worked great to give me peace of mind and let me know when they were up and about wanting their morning treats.

Back
Top Bottom