Whole extended family SUPER excited about chickens returning to our farm!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sarahandbray, Aug 16, 2014.

1. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Ok...well, it's not really a farm anymore...we own two acres in what is now a suburb of Albany, NY. The house is a big old 1870's Victorian that was owned by one family before my husband's family bought it. It was sold to two other families for about 30 years and we finally bought it back for us in 2003. We've been slowly restoring it to it's previous grandeur...farmhouse sink, white kitche, took down aluminum siding, painted house three colors, etc.
    In everything we do to this house, I always hope it has the best integrity of this old property in mind. This old property has probably had thousands of chickens on it over it's 150 years...so I'm excited to be bringing them back! Sounds weird, but it's kind of like uncovering the original heart pine floors or finding the hand cut scallops on the house...

Chicks come Wed! Excited to have another aspect of an old home going back to its roots!
    Sarah

2. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

I think that an awesome addition for your property. I am also pretty sure that there are smiles from above for what you have done, and for what you have yet to do. I really like nice restorations, and acknowledging those who have gone before. It is an honor to honor them, I suppose you must feel that.

So, I hope you enjoy your birds, in a setting that was created for them a long time ago. I think it an important addition to your 'projectl'

Best to you and your new birds,

RJ

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by