Whole food stor wants $1.00 for 3 eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Omran, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I think that's beyond expensive, yes they want $1.00 for three brown eggs, that means if each one of us on this fourm sold his/her eggs forthat price we might end up with like $33000.00 a day, yes consider the 33000 members has 3 eggs each a day that x$1 makes 33 grand in one year BYC will make a total of $12 milion and 45 thousend dollars.[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

HOLY GUACAMOLE! I'M SELLING THERE!!
    I'm so gonna tell that to my customers. They pay $3 for one dozen free range organic mixed breed eggs! That is, I have a mix of breeds in my pen, which results in rainbow eggs!
    Are they special? Like Maran eggs? Or are they organic, or are they fed on coffee from civet cat poo? something special like that?

3. cherokeechicken

cherokeechicken Songster

Jun 17, 2008
    anchorage,alaska
    i want to be whole foods egg supplier. i need some of that money.[​IMG]

4. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I looked at them and they just brown eggs, maybe free range, but nothing justefy the price.

5. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

Wow. That's not gonna last long!But seriously, I need to find a way to get that kind of cash...I have 10 laying hens, and I'm going to get more! Chicken lovers everywhere could make a fortune...

6. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Songster

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    That is only $4.00 a dozen, a common price at farmers markets.

7. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

Really? My maximum price is $3 for the eggs I mentioned earlier. I usually get $2.
    And who sells eggs in groups of 3?

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Here lately I been let em go for $1.50 cause I just cant eat eggs every day. Truth be told, I give a lot of em away.

9. swtamour

swtamour Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Silicon Valley
    Where I got my chicks from, the lady sells her eggs for $6-$8 a dozen. Yes, people buy to eat them and she has a waiting list too.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    are they being sold there as "hatching eggs"?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: