Whole Lot Of Shakin Goin On

quailmale

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Brevard County Florida
Just finished hatching 171 GA Giant BOBS, set 219, got a 78 % hatch rate, not bad for shipped eggs. Now I have to send 115 Butlers to freezer camp to make room in the grow out pen. Just finished a new Brooder thats 8 ft long and 2 ft wide just in time. Nice to get all the birds out of the house so I don't have to deal with the smell and all the down fluff while there feathering out.

ya.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
WOW! That is a LOT of babies!! You must have a HUGE brooder to brood all those babies. Well, enjoy the winter harvest!
wink.png

Last edited:
Yep new brroder 8ft x 2 ft, twin heat lamps on dimmers. Probably will upgrade to a GQF brooder heater / thermostat after this run. Had 2 more hatch and I have 1 left, I candeled it and it's still moveing so I'll give it some time. Had 6 shrink wraps for some strange reason, guess it took to long to break out after zipping shell and membrane dried out. Oh well I'm Happy Happy.
ya.gif

thumbsup.gif
Big high percentage hatches, crowded large brooders, lotsa fuzzy butts, so many chicks / so little pen space.......PRICELESS
Big expansion dreams for next year will be on your mind, if you have the true ADDICTION.....

Quote:
Nope not crowded at all, I have 4 brooders, this is just my latest one, I can do twice that many chicks more, I also have plenty of pen space I have 3, 16ft x 6 ft grow out pens which is 96sq ft each so at 1 sq ft per bird I can do 288 total up to 350 if I push it a little. Being in Florida they go to the pens a little earlier ( warm weather ) Along with the 40 or so Rabbits and 6 Turkeys, and soon to be 25 chickens, and a 1/4 acre garden, it's not an addiction per say it's self sustainability.
thumbsup.gif
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom