1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whoo Hoo! I candled again!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Riocotesei, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    So today is like day 11/12 since it's midnight here, and I'm excited and figured since I was turning that I'd sneak a candle....[​IMG]
    Any way Last time I looked there were veins and a happy dancing floating chick in there. Tonight I just looked at few cause I'm really supposed to wait till Sunday/Monday.
    At first I was worried because it was all shadowy dark and I though something was wrong so I smelled it (lol) nothing wrong there so I looked at different angles and I've come to the conclusion that I should be very super excited because that means there's a growing happy chick in there! Right?
    So It's late and didn't want to frighten family by screaming in extreme happiness so I'm letting the all the night owls on here know!! This is soo fun! I'm going to hatch eggs for the rest of my life!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

What I do is look from both the top and the bottom with the light. Most times you can't see much from looking in from the bottom with the light. You can see WAY more from the top or 2 o clock area. Have fun! I LOVE the candling part of hatching [​IMG]

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oooh!!! Sounds like you will be hatching a nice little herd in another 10 days or so!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by