Whoo Hoo! Tom won best in his class at the Bridgewater Fair :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickie Mamma, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, Tom won best in his class at the fair this weekend. My daughter was sooooo excited [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful bird...but the rest of the place looks like a ghost town. Where'd everybody go? [​IMG]

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Thanks... it was a ghost town by the time I got there.. I was told I could not take the bird off the premises until 6 pm....All the tents were coming down, rides folded up etc .. It poured all day here so we waited til about 5:30 to go. More than half were gone already. I wanted to see the rest of the birds too [​IMG] My kids were disappointed that they couldn't go to the fair because of the weather. I would have went earlier to pick up my baby [​IMG] We are proud [​IMG]

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Our fair lasts 10 days; it's the last stop of the year for the company that owns the rides. It's always a little bittersweet, knowing that the "carnies" will be disbanding when the rides and tents come down. We are told that the animals must be picked up by noon on the day after the fair closes (I joke that anything there after 2 pm will be barbecued!). Sometimes they let us pick them up the night before, sometimes not. It amazes me how fast they can disassemble the rides and tents. Many times, when we get there the next day, the animal tent may be the only one still standing!

We enter a bunch of rabbits and chickens and whatnot, and also help out with the feeding and cleaning. Volunteers can get free wristbands for the rides, so we always manage to get some time in on the midway at least once during the time the fair is here. It's fun, but also hard work.

Congratulations on your win! Tom is a lovely bird ( [​IMG] Silkies!)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by