Whoo Hooo!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gypsyfarm123, Dec 9, 2011.

1. gypsyfarm123

gypsyfarm123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    [​IMG] Got my first egg this morn!! I took a pic, but have no clue how to post it..(I'm sure you all know what an egg looks like anyway;) still proud tho...must mean I'm doing something right..Would never have made it without the help of the kind folk's on here ! Thank you all:)

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Congrats , nothin like a first egg!

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    [​IMG] I think everyone remembers the joy they felt after finding that first homegrown egg in the nestbox. I carried my little egg around in my pocket all day, and I was so proud I showed it to EVERYONE! They all thought I'd lost my marbles

4. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] A very nice way to start the day!!! Congrats on your first egg! I am "patiently" waiting the arrival of my first egg [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. gypsyfarm123

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    LOL. I feel the same way..not sure if I want to eat it or glue it to the hood of my truck!

6. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Yeah! That first egg is so fun! I put them in order in the egg carton and took a picture of Snow White's first weeks worth of eggs. It's my avatar. [​IMG]

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Quote:Pullet egg hood ornament, I like the way your think [​IMG]

8. gypsyfarm123

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    Ha! Thanks

9. giggleboxfarm

giggleboxfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Central KY
    I got my first from one of my blue Amercaunas this week. I too have been showing it to everybody as they roll their eyes because I'm such a proud momma. I took a picture.. I got a beautiful picture with 2 of them, and the rest of my crew's eggs in my egg basket - my avatar =o) [​IMG]

10. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] .....I was showing my EE's 1st egg @ work to some co-worker (is also my 1st ee egg ever)...they thought I lost it for sure! lol

Congrats!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by