Whoo! Whoo! New babies just hatched

synoviaus

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Blountsville, ALabama
I'm so excited. I love my daddy's guineas. He has around 30. He even built them their own coop. There are pearl, lavender, royal purple, white, and fawn adults. So far, 14 hatched. He gave me an incubator full of eggs. I staggered the hatch, so some are older. There are even two pale blue babies, and I suspect some will be pied. I'm hoping more hatch, and they are other colors. Pictures to come soon. Amy

Congrats on the eggs!
ya.gif

The blue ones are probably Lavender Keets.
smile.png
I had 3 lav keets hatch out yesterday!
jumpy.gif

Do you know how to post pictures on BYC? If so I bet I could tell you what colors you have.
smile.png

pics! we need pics! you mention new chickies/keets and that is all we want to see! i'm interested in what those royal purple look like! i've never had guineas before but i keep eying them at the swaps and i am not sure i've even seen that color before.

The first ones I had about ten eggs and six hatched. I gave the six to my best friend. Then, I had fifteen hatch from one clutch, and 12 made it. Then I put another twenty eggs in and I now have eleven more. So, looks like I have a pretty good flock in the making. Wow! 23 baby guineas. Well, I know I have some lavender, pearl, and some lavender-pied, and pearl-pied. I probably have some purple too, but too early to tell. I think the pearl and purple look the same until fully feathered? Daddy's hens hatched some too. He's as happy as I am. I think he has 9 at his house. One hen hatched 16, but only 4 made it. They are all feisty and healthy. When I get my flock up and laying, I'll gladly share eggs with folks. Pictures to come soon! Amy

Back
Top Bottom