1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHOOHOO!!! First green egg!!**UPDTE, PICS!*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by baltimoreharps, Nov 26, 2009.

1. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    One of my younger girls has been doing the egg squat for about 2-3 weeks and we've all been anxiously waiting to see her start laying. Well, Happy Thanksgiving to us! She layed her first beautiful, light green egg today!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I don't have pics yet, dh had to use it to make cornbread, but I was just SO excited to see something other than a brown egg when I'd been trying really hard not to get my hopes up that I'd have a color layer! [​IMG]
    Just had to share!

*The color is a bit off, but my camera is dying, but it such a pretty green IRL. [​IMG]*
    The other two eggs are from my other two layers, one is a brown layer and the other is a banty.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!
    picture? [​IMG]

edited to add congrats, how rude that I forgot that!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  3. sillyaboutchickens

sillyaboutchickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2009
    NH
    Congratulations!!!! How exciting! Our big Thanksgiving treat today was a HUGE brown egg with a double yolk from our Austrolorp. It was so big the egg container top would not close.

Eggs are fun! [​IMG]

4. baltimoreharps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Thanks! I'll get pics tomorrow, it's the prettiest shade of green, I'm still SO excited over a silly egg! [​IMG]

Silly, WOW, that's a big egg!! OUCH! [​IMG] I've only got 3 that are currently laying out of 15 girls, and have only gotten one double yolker, ever, but it certainly wasn't THAT big, congrats! [​IMG]

5. baltimoreharps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    It's not the greatest pic, my camera is dying, but I did finally get pics! [​IMG]

2nd green egg was gathered today! [​IMG]

6. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    Mine laid her first green egg on Thanksgiving too!!!! I was as excited as you are. It is an olive green.

7. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]
    Woooohooooo
    Congrats
    CAL
    Jax FL:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by