WHOOHOO, NEW COOP!..to me...( Pics included)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Countrypunk92, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Another teenage chicken Fanatic brought me a coop he had when he was raising chickens, He bred,showed, and raised 500 chickens, He had several of these coops, and his dad got a job at the Chicken proccessing plant down the road, so of course had to get rid of all his chickens( Poor boy:(..)and sold off almost everything but this coop and some fencing..:] Guess Ima go get more chickens now! Got a lady down the road with silkies, cochins, and silkie and cochin crosses. She might have something else to! I also got my mother into chickens, and she is loving the silkies.( So am I). I am also building a Duck hut for our neighbors pond and let the ducks enjoy a large pond full of fish and goodies. So more room for chickens:D Also all pictures are taken by my phone, Hard to believe, huh? [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Great score!

3. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    that's good start

4. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Yea, So now I have two coops, And in next month or so, three, but one for ducks.. And it all was FREEE:D

5. jtr

jtr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    i want to see what you make out of that

6. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:Well the coop/tractor, is pretty sturdy, I will probobly just change a few minor cosmetics, With no money can't do much..[​IMG]
    The fencing will probobly go to another run, or I will build a coop like this. I plan on expanding much bigger in the next year

7. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Slightly off-topic, but why would he have to get rid of his chickens because his dad works at a processing plant?

8. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:Because contamination of birds, The birds at the plant could catch an illness from his birds on his clothing or something, And result in mass culling..And company loosing clients and alot of money.
    It goes with any commercial poultry business, My friend has a chicken farm, he raises them for a company and after seven weeks they go to prossessing, The school orders chickens and he could not be in the shop because of the same thing, cross cantamination.

9. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Interesting. Thanks for the explanation!

10. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    If it's free, it's for me! I love free stuff. [​IMG]

I am really interested in your duck situation. When you have time, please post your plans for a duck hut on the pond (in the duck section of course). I cannot figure what to do for my darling duckies. I need some ideas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by