1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whooo hoo first egg in a month!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hcammack, Jan 12, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My first group of girls are finally out of their molt I got a faverolle egg today! its in my new round cartons. Hopefully the cuckoo marans and Ameraucana are not far behind. They all are molted out and are squating now they are getting light and heat (for the younger birds in their) So I should be getting more eggs soon. I am so happy for a little I thought I would never see an egg again [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats to you!

I know EXACTLY how you've been feeling and EXACTLY what you're saying! It is such a relief once they start laying again. [​IMG]

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I seriously thought they were somehow broken [​IMG] this is my first winter with chickens laying and I was like is it really worth it if I have to buy eggs for 3 months of the year? but with these staggered age groups molting and the next group coming up I don't think it will be like this next year.

Henry

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your chickens laying again. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by