WHOOOO!!! my coop is done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by backyardchickenfarmer, Feb 5, 2009.

1. backyardchickenfarmer

backyardchickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    [​IMG] I still need to do some things like paint the trim around the window white, add a door to the run part, and add some roosts but for now its fine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are the happy accupants:)

[​IMG]

and heres the "mutt", a breed of silkie,sebright,and a frzzle cochin but he didnt frizzle:lau

[​IMG]

in the 3rd pic. of the chickies, the one in the middle the one thats looking at you, what is it?lol i dont know what it is. so if anyone can tell me what breed she is ill be happy:weee

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. texas_chick

texas_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    i like it. looks like you recycled materials too! [​IMG]

3. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Love the coop and pictures! Now can you come & help me? How in the world do you people build coops when it's so stinkin cold? I'm waiting til spring. Am I wimpy or What? [​IMG]

4. Hoot

Hoot Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    Canaveral Groves, FL.
    Great job! And the girls look happy.

I guess when the snow is on the ground, you don't have to refridgerate the eggs.

Hoot

5. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    It appears to be a job well done, and using recycled materials is awesome !!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    THanks for all the replies;) I only recycled the window, shingles, and a few 2x4s. Ya its bin hell here, it was 27 today:rant luckily i only had to put the plywood on the right side of the run. all this week its bin high 40s o low 20s and i had to work on it(BTW im only 13!). once you start you cant stop, the ground was frozen and there was snow and i was all wet and cold yucky!but in the end is always worth it when you see the little chickes are running around happy:lol: do any of you guys/girls now what type of chicken that is? its a bantam.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  7. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Nice Coop! The bird you mentioned looks like a pet-quality Golden Sebright.

8. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    Thanks, Its not a sebright ive had those before and this one is bigger and doesnt really look like a sebright. im thinking it might be a partridge d'uccle? ill have to look it up and see. keep the comments coming!

9. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well done! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Great job. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by