Whooops, left my roo out all night!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by augustmomx2, Jun 14, 2009.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This morning I was surprised to find one of my roos, in the run all by his lonesome [​IMG] Last night when I shut the coop door, I waited until it was dark, used a flashlight to check on them and went back inside the house. He never made a peep when I was out there. I was happy to see he was alright tho, this morning.

Next time, I'll make sure to count...I knew it looked like there was more room than usual on the roosts [​IMG]

2. chickenmum

chickenmum Songster

Dec 7, 2008
    Aah. Poor roo!
    I left a Dorking female out last night on purpose; she was in the pasture with the steer.
    I have been lockin up the henhouse or something and found my pair of Japanese bantams up on the windowsill! That was as close as they could get to being inside, maybe?
    Call me paranoid, but I count multiple times, check the lock, try the door...

3. At first he was probably [​IMG] [​IMG] and then [​IMG] and finally the grand finale [​IMG]! [​IMG]

4. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] He was royally ticked this morning. Pacing around the coop door...like what the heck?

5. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:I'm terrible, but I'm not as paranoid as I should be...could be the reason one was left out last night! Whoops!

6. chickenmum

chickenmum Songster

Dec 7, 2008
    When my sis is with me when I'm locking up, she gets all [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: