whoop whoop my coop on the move pics inside need help with run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by glisson_family_farms, Mar 18, 2011.

1. glisson_family_farms

glisson_family_farms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    de soto
    so i spent about 300 dollars on plywood i don't need now so know its time to add on to this and build chicken tractors
    i have no building skill what so ever but i think i am learn and my stuff will look good with time but here are pics of what i got to start
    move it to day needs roosts and vents and suggestions would b nice and i have 2x4 wield fence 6ftx50ft any ideas for a good run
    and have 5 real good t poles i was thinking coop in middle fenace all the way around but not smart enuff to understand how to install
    a gate

[​IMG]

was think about cutting them a door and leaven the door that's there and there do just opens to
    there run and then making little doors behind the nest box's so and then only going in to visit clean and feed
    so i am not stressing them if they in there nest why i collect there eggs

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  2. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Here's some pics of my run, including the gate. My run is covered on top also because we have a lot of owls, hawks and even eagles here. It was really quite simple to make the gate - 4 2x4s cut at 45° angles. Then I used metal corner pieces from Lowe's to put them together, and hinges and a gate latch from Lowe's finished it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Very nice!

4. glisson_family_farms

glisson_family_farms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    de soto
    i am now inspired i can do this but now i still have to work on making mine bigger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by