Whooping Cough!

chickiebaby

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
western mass
Yup, I think that's what my family has - pertussis. This is the sickest I have ever been. It is not pretty. Arent you all glad you are all hanging out with me only digitally?

I dont think I can pass you this lovely disease with just a bunch of binary zeroes and ones, now can I?

Excuse me while I go cough til I blow my brain out my nose.

This exhibits total suckitude.

Last edited:
I'm spraying my computer now.... don't want any viruses!
wink.png

Hope you all feel better soon!

Pertussis is bacterial. Some antibiotics will do you good. Pertussis is nothing to mess with, it can turn into pneumonia or encephalitis very easily.

Unfortunately it is becoming more common.
sad.png

I had pertussis as an adult, after my childhood vaccination wore off. It was the sickest I have ever been for three straight months. Hope you get better soon. Definitely see the doc for some Zithromax or erythromycin.

We all took the pink Z already - just waiting for confirmation with lab results - ugh - so exhausted from coughing.

Sorry you had it too.

Hope you all feel better soon! Lots of fluids, warm air vaporizers and rest will hopefully help. I had pneumonia once and actually separated ribs from the coughing, so try to hold a pillow or something firm to splint the area when you have a coughing "fit"

It sucks, but fortunately will pass!
hugs.gif

I thought that whooping cough was cured?? I havent seen some one with that for years maybe mid sixties . It went out with polio-- I thouht
I knew a kid that had the whoopin cough & it was TERRIBLE!! that kid whooped & hollered .hope you get better Keep us posted
Dan

these "Childhood" diseases are only gone as long as we keep up with immunization. We Americans have become spoiled- no more illness', but they are on the up rise especially if you live near migrants and immagrents. They are high in disease or virus' that is common for their area, yet we Americans do not fully understand that some of these things we immunize against are only in the balance.

Please take care of your self and family- the rest of us, get your booster shots.

Thanks for the good wishes by pm and otherwise. Still here and surviving. Canceled everything we have to do, which is actually somewhat relaxing. If only I could stop coughing . . .

Pertussis is really quite on the rebound and, for what its worth, I am in fact absolutely up to date and then some, on my immunizations. I'm a health care worker; it's required. As with animals, immunization helps the herd, but not always the individual.

Don't know whether I got this from a patient or from my own kids - my son showed symptoms first, the vaccine often wears off in adolescents, and the school systems are all reporting leaps in pertussis in the past few years.

So if you develop a nasty cough that doesn't go away, get tested before it gets to full, disabling, mindblowing strength. Especially if you have infants or immune-compromised people (chemo, HIV) in your lives . . .

Stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom