Who's a Penzey's Spices fan?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Lunachick, May 8, 2008.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    My sister got me hooked on them.

www.penzeys.com

I have a large drawer in my kitchen that should hold pots and pans, but no, it's filled with Penzey's stuff. I just ordered more. [​IMG] They have really neat recipes too.

2. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    I love Penzeys' spices also. I made a mistake and ordered too much of several kinds but have a food saver and pulled a vacuum on the bags so still have fresh spices. I especially love their cinnamon and chili powder.

3. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I've never heard of them before but I'll have to take a look and try them out sometime. What are the best and used for what?

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I love them! I have a good friend who lives in a suburb of Chicago, and when she comes to visit, I place an order through her! VERY good spice blends!

5. backintime

backintime Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    OOOHHH I love Penzey's spices, too! My favorites are their blends - especially their pizza spice, sandwich sprinkle, and salsa salad seasoning. I thought their new magazine "One" was a little off the wall, but I love the spice catalogues and enjoy knowing where the spices come from and how they are harvested. Great prices, too. Wish I lived near a store so I could avoid the shipping charges tho.

6. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Wonderful spices! I like that you can get hard to find stuff through them!

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    What a great website and gift idea! Their gift boxes would be handy to keep as 'emergency' thank you presents. Thanks!

8. ponderchick

ponderchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    east texas
    Penzeys is awsome! they have gret recipes and thier spices are very reasonably priced. My sis got me hooked on celery seed, and thats what made mea fan of Penzeys. they also usually send a free spice to try along with your order!

9. Laura16002

Laura16002 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2007
    Butler, PA
    I'm a fan, too. The Fox Point Seasoning is my favorite to sprinkle on fried eggs.

10. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I am a fan. You can't beat fresh spices.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by