Who's breeding what in Ontario Canada?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by morelcabin, May 5, 2008.

1. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    It seems that hatching eggs are so hard to find around here, and I was just thinking that maybe this thread can be an introductory to Ontario poultry people who may have fertile eggs they would be willing to ship. Please post what you are breeding and a contact...that way the 'search' will be much easier on us Ontarians:)
    The reason I am doing this is because although we can order chicks from performance poultry, we have to order a minimum of 25 and for some of us that is just too many. Plus, it is so much more fun to hatch our own...especially now that we know a skillet will do the trick!

I won't have anything until next spring, but hopefully by then I will have silkies and barred rocks available...

Tammy
    [email protected]
    North Bay Ontario Canada

2. cranberrycreekchickens

cranberrycreekchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    Hi morelcabin!

I am also from ontario.

I think you should look at this

http://groups.msn.com/CANADIANCHICKENEGGSWAPPERS2/ontariobreeders.msnw

The above link is a website dedicated to any Canadians wishing to buy sell or trade hatching eggs chicks or mature poultry.

(Note) You have to apply to become a member before you are aloud to acess the site.

Also if anyone is interested try www.performancepoultry.com if your interested in buying from an Ontario based hatchery with a wide varity of poultry waterfowl turkeys and other fowl.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely Roman. Bodnar.

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I expect that most people looking for that sort of thing log into the MSN group (canadianchickeneggswappers2)?

FWIW, I will hopefully have Speckled Sussex eggs next spring if anyone wants them then (not going to breed-sell them as a big thing, but I will have a roo and be producing some for my own use and if anyone wants some we could work something out). *Possibly* Golden Campines or Buff Chanteclers too, but I really dunno what I'm going to do with those, we'll have to see how they turn out.

You know you can get hatching eggs (or chicks, if you pay enough for posting them) from Eric whatsisname in Quebec, right? Genetic Preservation?

Pat

4. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Anything for those who don't want to go the MSN route? I'm in Alberta. Things that used to be available last year, aren't this year...We used to have lots of heritage breeds offered at out hatchery (Rochester) but this year the pickings are so slim. Check out Ty's Exotics, by doing a google search. He has alot to offer.

Tanya

5. cranberrycreekchickens

cranberrycreekchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    hi again.

Both jason cain at performance poultry, and eric rivard at genetic preservation will ship across Canada to your local post office.

Eric rivard is a little harder to find unless you have the exact link which I've forgotten.

Also if you subscribe to the feather fancier you can buy things from there.

Roman

6. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I spoke to Jason this morning, and I have ordered from him before...he has awesome chicks and a great variety, but he won't ship eggs this year because he is so busy now that the other hatchery has closed down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by