Who's dog is freakin out now?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bwebb7, Dec 31, 2009.

1. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    My huge Mastiff is scared to death of fireworks and my neighbors can't help but bring in the new year with 'em-a big huge pile of scared!

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Not anymore.

Have you tried putting your dog in a kennel and feeding him little tasty treats like chicken livers when they go off. Everytime he just lays there give him one. He will soon be looking to you calmly for treats when they go off.

3. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    aww, poor doggy. [​IMG] My animals could care less, maybe growing up near an airport desensitized them...?

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Jax is just as calm as can be right now; except that he's pouting cuz Daddy had to go to work. We've had him around guns too and the sound of gunfire doesn't faze him.
    My Charlie Girl, rest her soul, would be freaking about now. Hard as it was for her (and me) she'd be trying to plant her wolfhound body in my lap at the sound of either fireworks or gunfire.

5. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    the Scottie is unphased! The Mastiff is timid and a scaredy cat! He's calm as can be on the dining room floor. I want to go to bed!

6. Blueggchick

Blueggchick ♥Dar's Blue Bayou Chicks♥

Apr 18, 2009
    SE LA
    My Rottweiler justs keeps lifting her ears listening, and giving a small growl every once in a while. But the Great Dane....I had to put her in her kennel to calm her down she is so nervous. Happy New Years everyone!!

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Spook is very "noise" sensitve. It's something we really had to work on with her being a Service Dog. Couldn't have her freaking out over every little noise. People I know on a Service Dog board taught me about a "Boom Boom Party" Everytime your dog hears a noise that scares them you say "Boom Boom" click clicker and treat. After awhile the dog starts to associate "Boom Boom" with goodies.

The only thing that bothers Spook now is the sound of a disc being popped into a computer. It has the same tonal qualitiy as the can with a penny in it I used to shake or drop when she was doing something I needed to stop her from doing.

8. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

My dog is UNDER her bed and all the roosters are crowing LOL!!!!!!!

9. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    I could put an atom bomb on my dober-girl's collar and she wouldn't flinch. Now the other one, she's in the walk-in closet hiding...LOL!

10. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Yea, my dogs are already freaking and only a few firecrackers have been set off so far. It's 10:18 here. The dogs' horrific howling and barking will let me know when it's midnight. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by