Whos egg ? 1st one Looks odd, 2nd one better.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 1TurkenLover, Dec 5, 2013.

1. 1TurkenLover

1TurkenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    WASHINGTON state
    One of my Two Cochin Rescues Might have Laid an Egg... leaning towards Cajun [​IMG] she was squatting in floor of Nest coop last night. a Odd looking egg as both ends look same, guessing which one had it. had to spray Butts of both of them with Purple stuff. Did Not re-spray any others.

[​IMG]

Creole
    [​IMG]

Cajun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprise Gift from my Sweet hubbie, from Kmart
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I get the odd egg like that from my hens as well. Love the shirt! [​IMG]

3. 1TurkenLover

1TurkenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    WASHINGTON state
    Sumi : Thanks [​IMG] It was a shock as I thought that our chickens aren't laying, Out of 6 at best 3 are old enough and did when we first got them, then nothing. for them it has been a few months !
    our Cochins Cajun and Creole. were rescued 2 weeks ago. and I thought laid the egg.

Found another egg same marks. so now know I'm thinking it might Not be Cochins. " I checked them for egg butt Both look unused then I sprayed there butts again last night " not the other hens, this afternoon I found egg with faded purple stripes. Only one making EGG Song was Reba our NN Mix, well that and the Rooster LoL maybe he was bragging. [​IMG]

Newest Egg.
    [​IMG]

1st Egg from two days ago

[​IMG]

Can I have 2 hens Laying ? OR a New Layer and first egg was her first, 2 nd is better.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by