Chicken_You_Out

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
A bunch of our spring chicks just started laying, and we've got a mystery egg. It's small, but not bantam small, and round. It's a dark-brown, pinky colour with tiny white speckles all over it.

If you don't know and they're your chickens how would we know when we know nothing about what you have?

If you don't know and they're your chickens how would we know when we know nothing about what you have?
Sorry, I'm new to these particular breeds, and am also not sure exactly what most of them are. When I search for the egg online, I come up with nothing, and am left more confused than before. I was just wondering if anyone else had eggs that fit that description.

Need to know what kind of chickens you have in order to figure the egg out. Different breeds lay different types of eggs. Is there a way for you to show pics of your flock if you don't know what kind they are. We could help there too.

I've never done it but have seen threads on here where people put food color on their hens then when they lay the egg gets some color on them. Then you can match up who lays what.

They also suggest you put lipstick(different color) on each hen's vent (gross) and some of the color will rub off on the egg. Throw out lipstick afterwards :sick

Post pictures of the egg and the chickens then we might be able to guess. You can try isolating each chicken until they lay their eggs in the morning and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom