1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whos egg is whos?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by clarkechick, Nov 27, 2011.

1. clarkechick

clarkechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Ok, my ladies started laying this week. One of them makes it easy for me. Lulu (Ameraucana) tints them blue for me. The other two - Plymouth Barred Rock and Buff Orp are both laying brown eggs as expected, but whos is whos? One of them is slightly darker brown and larger. Any ideas if that lends itself to one of those two breeds?

[​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

The mystery of who's naughty and who's nice. (pretty chickens by the way, I like that picture).

I have two BPRs and their eggs are lighter brown than my gold sex-link. One BPR is really light and sometimes even speckled. So -- based on that very limited viewpoint, I would say that the BPR has lighter of the two brown eggs. It's great when the colors are different because once you know for sure, you will know who is laying.

3. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Our barred rocks' eggs are a light pinkish brown. Hope that helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by