Who's eggs are these?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by breeze27, Oct 13, 2013.

1. breeze27

breeze27 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hi guys I found some mysterious eggs this morning laid away from the coop and wanting to see if anyone knows who they could be ??
    I have a picture of my usual eggs the 3 on the top and the two bottom ones are my new eggs, the top ones are a Rhode Island Red x isa brown and isa browns
    I also have a Plymouth Rock pullet, sizzle pullet, 2 australorps, Sussex, a leghorn and a farm mix all that havnt laid since I brought them
    I'm very curious too know which hen it could be as she laid away from the nesting boxes
    :) :)

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Your Isa Brown and RIR/Isa Brown hen should lay brown eggs.
    What kind of Plymouth Rock do you have? Plymouth Rock is just the breed name there are different varieties including barred, white, and etc. . .
    Australorps- brown eggs
    Sussex eggs- Cream to light brown colored
    Leghorn- White eggs
    Farm mix- ? Depends on what kind of mix she is

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. breeze27

Sep 13, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    The one 2nd in the first pic is what my rir lays I think??
    These bottoms eggs I'm curious about because if it was my sussex their very very small and she's my biggest hen she's as big as my rooster ?
    My Plymouth Rock is a light Barred I think

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Barred Rocks lay brown eggs as well, the best way to know who's laying which eggs is to catch them while they are doing it. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sussex lay light colored eggs, and they could just be small being first eggs. I think their eggs aren't huge overall, like medium size.
    The sizzle--could be hers, depends on what made the sizzle. Those eggs look pretty close to my bantam cochin eggs.
    Farm mix--all bets are off!

6. breeze27

Sep 13, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    I figured the farm mix u won't know till I see her lay one hahaha!! She's so unique the could be rainbow!! ;)
    I'm going to steak the area out haha!! It's under my balcony she's laid so I'll keep checking see if I catch one at it!!

I'm not sure what made my sizzle I was told she was a silky until I posted a photo here and was told she's a sizzle (new to the chicken family)

7. breeze27

Sep 13, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    I found out whose eggs they are!!!!
    My leghorn x is laying the eggs!!
    Now just to teach her to lay in the nesting boxes..... Any tips??

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    put fake eggs in the nesting boxes to show them where to lay

9. breeze27

Sep 13, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    The
    There's real eggs in the nesting boxes :D all the other hens lay in there just snow decides she doesn't want to I guess..
    I tried moving her egg yesterday put it in the box but she still laid under the house today !! :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by