Who's going to see Harry Potter today?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Nov 19, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Though I read some terrible reviews... I HAVE to go see for myself [​IMG]

Hubby went out of his way to get this set up for us to have the afternoon together with lunch and a movie.

Anyone else going today? Or is this a now, wait for the DVD kinda movie?

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    can't wait, almost went at midnight last night. going as soon as the livestock goes to bed.

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Just came back from seeing it. They did trim some of the lesser details, but in the main did a good job of building the tension and darkness of the book. I liked it better than the last three movies in fact.

4. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

my sister took my niece to the midnight showing last night. My niece loved it, she is a huge Harry Potter fan. My sister wasnt too thrilled but she was tired and is not a big Harry Potter fan.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I'm am going to see it tonight! [​IMG] Hopefully with it being in two pieces (why won't they release both at once!) they will do it right and I won't be ticked off at them.

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I'm going to see it on Thanksgiving, I hope.

7. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I saw it last night at midnight! [​IMG]

8. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Quote:I may be wrong about this but I think that the second part is still being made. There's a dispute over actors' pay in New Zealand and, if that can't be resolved, filming may be moved to Great Britain. I love the NZ scenery but it would be fitting to finish the whole Harry Potter movie series in the country of the author's birth.

9. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    i went to the midnight showing and i thought it was great!

10. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    I went to the midnight showing too and I LOVED it !! I agree that it was much better than The Half-Blood Prince. There were a couple of things that they changed that I didn't like (can't fathom they reason they changed it), but other than that, I thought they did a great job. The movie is definitely dark and bleak like the book.

From what I understand, the filming of Part 2 is complete. I watched an interview with the HP kids on Thursday and they said that filming was complete.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by