Who's got the BIGGEST of the jumbo coturnix

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Msbear, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hey peeps, I am looking for a breeder who raises jumbo coturnix and has super massive breeders. Does anyone on here have them? I remember an old discussion years ago about the JUMBO jumbos but, I can't find it. Anyway, Im looking to get some fast growing jumbos.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Check out this site.

3. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    x2 I have heard nothing but good stuff!

4. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    so I called Robby with James Marie Farms. Oh my! The absolute nicest guy ever. He talked with me for nearly a half hour about all things chickens; feed, egg grading, incubating and hatching, raising quail efficiently, processing, etc. He steered me to the A&M's and I know I will be very happy. They are perfect for what I need. I haven't even received my eggs yet, and I would recommend this place. They really know their stuff and have been raising quail since the dawn of time. Thanks, BYC peeps. I knew I could count on you [​IMG]

5. SiTran

SiTran Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    Isn't he awesome? I love Robby!

6. Mikedero

Mikedero Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Watertown CT
    kind of pricey but I might place a order on monday.. My bacth right now just started to hatch but I want allot more

7. NicoleRook

NicoleRook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    Just a question, what is considered Big when it comes to quail?

8. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    some people say they have 1 lb. birds! and over!! That's originally what I thought I wanted but, quickly realized that getting birds to that point will cost a lot more time and feed and will, in the end, be less profitable if I plan to make a little business out of this. So, yeah.. monsters do exist but, it may take you 6 months to grow one out. The point of quail is getting them to maturity quickly. A&M's get processed at 5 weeks.

9. NicoleRook

NicoleRook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    That's a big quail, my husbands father used to keep birds, and my hubby is trying his hand at quail. I know how tiny these birds are. Can you mix the larger and smaller birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by