Who's hatching around April 17th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kryptoniteqhs, Mar 27, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I just put mine in the bator today. 10 Black Rosecomb eggs, 3 Turkey eggs and 28 delaware to rir and redsexlink eggs lol good layers they will be....and eaters [​IMG]
    whats in ur bator?

2. quail kid

quail kid Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Hello,

Mine would be hatching at the 12th of April.
    Im incubating 17 chinese painted quails.
    I cant wait!!!!![​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    BBS Rocks and Partridge Rocks and two double yolked mutts in the bator today - go chickies.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Apr 17th hatch day for me too---> RIR, Porcelain Millies & Dutch. [​IMG] TaLani

5. juliachick

juliachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    (Northeastern PA)
    Where did you guys get your RIR eggs? I'd like to do some next! And I was just wondering about the double yolk eggs...does that mean you could have a twins come out? Is that possible in one little egg?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. SnapHappii

SnapHappii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    I have one due to hatch on the 1st!! I'm so excited. Then more are due on the 2nd, etc. I have over 80 eggs in the incubator, plus a basket waiting to be incubated.[Not to mention i collect 5 eggs a day, and the ducks are still gonna be laying until May!] [​IMG][​IMG]

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I am due on the 16th - silkies.

8. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Quote:More often than not double yolks have trouble developing and stall, some make it to term and are often one or both deformed and yes, they are twins. Assistance is needed for them to hatch, they're just too crammed in there. A BYCer documented the hatch and helping of two sets of twins, one set both survived, the other set one died, but all three are now a few months old and healthy.

It happens that they live. Without help I doubt it would happen at all. I'm just giving it a shot because I have a hatch going.

9. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    mine hatch the 13th.

17 in the bator - mixed - domique(think he's mixed too)/or splash mixed with a (white hen)/ or a slw

10. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    Hatch due on the 15th! 15 welsummers, 27 Ameraucanas- all shipped eggs! All arrived in splendid condition. This is my first setting in 15 years, so I feel like a newbie again!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by