Who's Hatching in Dec. 2011 ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by EM Squared Farms, Nov 26, 2011.

1. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Hi Everyone ! I couldn't find the other thread someone was talking about for hatching in Dec. 2011 ?

So, I thought I would create this one to continue our fun we've been having on the Who's Hatching in Nov. 2011 ?

So far we have 10 eggs in the incubator (6 Black-breasted red old english game bantams and 4 Ameraucanas of non-standard colors).

See our Purebred Chickens Page that details the current on-goings with our chickie rearing.
    http://emsquaredfarms.weebly.com/purebred-show-chickens.html

We are expecting our first BB Red OEG bantam chickie to hatch on Dec. 7th.

Would love to hear about what everyone else is doing ? What you're hatching, when you're due, and would love very much to see pics and videos !!

I can't wait to capture chickie behavior on video (will use my husband's phone for good, clear videos with good sound). [You can really tell which phone I used to take video on my site. It's as clear as night and day - the video quality difference !]

2. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    I ahve 50 in the incubator (4 known bad/ leaking ) that are dur 12/2 ,,, 21 Buckeye / 18 RIR crossed with dom, black comet and rir hens
    and 11 from a neighabor he will get them all back that hatch , just had the room in the tray . my firat winter hatch so I built a different brooder than the spring ones this one has a theromostat to keep it at a constant temp , my spring ones just has a timer for night operation .

3. Josie360

Josie360 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Central Texas
    My silkie hen just decided that is is time to sit again:rolleyes: I think she has hatched out 4 batches of chicks this past year... I did promise DH that I would unplug the incubators for the winter, but I have a very nice Black Copper Marans that has recently begun to lay and I was dying to hatch out some of her eggs. I'm in luck:lol: Hatch date December 14.

4. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I will be, but I am ALWAYS hatching. [​IMG]

5. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Hey if you are looking for the other post that you had going it is on the first page. Just look down, I guess someone bumped it up. We know have two little EEs and one more that is alive but, hasn't hatched yet. I had to put it in the incubator cause, mama wouldn't sit on it anymore. I hope it will still hatch, we will see.

6. Jennmom2three

Jennmom2three Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Wichita Falls
    Me!! I just popped in to look around and have the "ITCH" [​IMG] again to set some more eggs....I want to find some of the darker brown though....I have a pretty good assortment right now, although I only get one green egg...may have to find some EE to hatch. I'm hittin up my eggie friends this weekend to see if they wanna give me some eggs [​IMG] Can't wait to have some Christmas babies!!![​IMG]

7. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    My little hen Veronica decided to go broody Thanksgiving day. This is her 3rd time this year, and she has eight of her own eggs, and one Brown Leghorn egg. I hope she does alright, as we are aproaching our cold months. Here is Veronica, and her last brood.

[​IMG]

8. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:Aw, this pic is soooo cute ! I love to see Mommy and chickie pics because it's something we aren't able to do (we use the incubator).

Thank You so much for sharing this ! I've been waiting for a pic like this !

Happy to report we finally got a Marans egg tonight !

We now have 13 eggs in the incubator (Black-Breasted Red Old English Game Bantams, Ameraucana Bantams, and a Marans egg).

Guess feeding the Marans little pieces of bread daily really helps !!

9. michelleshenhouse

michelleshenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Slidell, La
    I have a dec 9th hatch date. 20 eggs in the bator and all mutts. LOL

10. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Set 25 yesterday, hatch date of Dec 16, about half golden phoenix, the others phoenix mixes with BR and Dominque...and doing the NYD hatch so hubby best build me a hatcher [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by