Who's hatching this month?!?!? **Mods please close this thread**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Skitz, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    ******POST PICS OF YOUR CHICKS THAT HATCHED THIS MONTH HERE!******

My hen got broody today and she is sitting in about 10 eggs and im about to order 4 more eggs so she sits on 14 eggs (I hope they fit under her! she's a bantam) I have a question though.... If she sat on the eggs today and then I put 4 more eggs (bantam eggs) on tuesday or wednesday under her would that be a problem??? So who is also hatching? [​IMG]

****You can post here if you're hatching on September and if you come up with any problems or questions we'll try to help! [​IMG] **

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My broody is hatching today!

I set 11 B/B/S Orpington eggs underneath her and so far I have 2 out. She stepped on one while it was trying to hatch and crushed it, which was probably my fault because I put so many underneath her. [​IMG] Hopefully more will have hatched by morning. [​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch!

3. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    15 (5 mutts and 10 ee) due 9/23

4. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    I have eleven Ameraucana eggs in the incubator. Friday is the due day.

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    well 20 more days to go lol

6. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    First, to try and answer your question, the extra eggs may be a problem. I have never had a broody and only know what others have said on this forum. If they don't all hatch at the same time the hen may do one of two things:
    1. she may abandon the eggs to take care of the hatchlings
    2. she may abandon the hatchligs to hatch out the eggs
    Like I said I don't know from experience, so I hope someone with some experience can tell you.

Lastly, I have 65 eggs in 2 bators right now, due to hatch 9/23 and 9/24, so I am trying to hatch with you.
    Best of luck on your hatch [​IMG]

7. sethsleader

sethsleader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Portreath
    I locked down this morning!! [​IMG]

3-4 orps and 3-4 mutts.

Good luck with your hatch.

8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I have 19 white silkies due on the 24th. Getting impatient already, lol. Good Luck [​IMG]

9. blackjack1

blackjack1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    NW Iowa
    Im setting some eggs today in my bater, bantam leg horn and 1 standard Cochin. woohoo!!!
    I have a mutt red Cochin and she is a hatching machine out of the 3 times she set this spring she had only 2 eggs that didn't hatch. I had to kick her out to get her to stop sitting. Now I would like her to sit again and all she wants to do is break the eggs.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I have never let her hatched any of her own eggs just show birds. If she lays in the spring Im going to let her hatch her eggs just for the more hens like her!!

10. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I candled my eggs last night and I could see embryos!! my hen is sitting on 10 eggs and out of the 10 eggs I saw 8 embryos and in the other two eggs I saw something but it wasn't an embryo or maybe it is but I can't tell if it was one or not.... Maybe they're blood rings!!!!! [​IMG] so how's everybody else doing? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by