Who's kids are members of the FFA?

s6bee

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
Western, NY
Hi everyone,
Well, I have a 13 yr. old daughter who I know one day will either be working with animals, or for the enviroment. She's involved with 4-H, Pony Club and volunteers at TB racetrack adoption center. She's really trying to discover herself and with H.S. right around the corner I am trying to find her resources to help in that search. We live in Upstate NY and I'm not sure if we even have an active chapter in our area but was wondering who may have kids in it and what your input is about it. How has it helped or not helped, was it worth the time, etc.
I highly doubt our school has an Educational program linked to it so I was curious if anyone out there has started one up and how did that process go?

Thank you in advance

I was in FFA for 2 years and I was the treasurer. I loved FFA, it is more formal than 4-H but its still fun. Before FFA I was really shy and turned bright red when I was infront of a group of people that I didnt know. FFA helped me become a better public speaker. It also helped me become more outgoing. FFA has many contests such as public speaking, ag issues, and livestock judging which you either speak infront of groups or give reasoning for large groups. I made many many friends through FFA. FFA also looks great on college and job applications. When I went in for my first interview (didnt get hired) he said that the FFA kids really stand out because they are so polite and speak so well. At the job I did get hired at, my boss said that FFA must be raising kids right because FFA kids know what they are talking about. He liked that most FFA kids say sir and ma'am and are respectful to everyone no matter what.
If you go to the FFA website I think they have a page on all the famous FFA members, some I can think of right now are Toby Kieth, Jason Aldeen, and a few others.

Thanks for the Feedback. I really hope there is an active chapter out near us 'cause I really don't want to start one up, but if I have to, I'll look into it.

My son was in FFA for four years and I can't say enough about the advantages of it. He was an Officer for three of the four years he was in...he received several honors in many areas, cattle judging, tree identification, soil judging...they learned about so many things and had fun, too. We are very proud of our FFA chapter here and our female instructor. The community has fought to keep it in the schools more than once and fortunately, the school board and Superintendant have listened so far.

I was in FFA in high school, but that was in 1978-1980 and in Hawaii..... so not to relevent.

It was fun to remember though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom