Who's laying these eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CassInMass, Nov 6, 2009.

1. CassInMass

CassInMass Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2009
    [​IMG]I have four pullets 6 1/2 months old. I have a Salmon Favorelle, a Rose Comb Leghorn, an Arucana and what I think is an Australorp. This morning I found a tinted egg in the nest. Two hours later, there were two white eggs in the nesting box. Could the Australorp be a Minorca. What age do they get their white spot on their head?? It doesn't have one yet, but the comb and wattles look too big for a Australorp hen. It hasn't crowed or showed any aggressiveness, so I don't think it's a rooster. I have found green tinted eggs, white eggs and occassionally an egg that looks faintly tan. Any ideas??

2. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    green egg=americauna/ee

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Well, leghorn's lay white eggs. Australorp would lay a tan colored egg. Not sure about the favorelle.

It's my understanding with Araucana's that they only lay blue eggs. EE lay green eggs.

4. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/breed-list.aspx

Here's
    the link on MPC on eggs laid by breed - the leghorn should be white eggs, the Araucana is the tinted blue, but I have heard of them laying tinted green (so my great-grandma would say.)

Australorp - brown

I don't know about the spot on the head, or anything like that. But the egg list should help! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by