Who's looking foward to Christmas??????? I am!!!!!! :D

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
Post here if your looking forward to Christmas, post pictures from previous Christmas's and what your Christmas traditions for your family are. I wanna see if I can get some new ideas.
big_smile.png
Pretty please?

It has been a tradition every year that my parents give, "Christmas pajamas" to all the grandkids. My dad's grandparents lived on a farm and every year his grandparents gave them, "Christmas pajamas." The night before Christmas, all the kids open their Christmas pajamas and they wear them to bed for Christmas morning. My parents have 14 grandkids now(we have 4 and my 2 brothers each have 5) and yep, you guessed it, "CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS" from MomMom and PopPop every Christmas Eve!!! It's such a simple, yet wonderful tradition and we will always do this! Can't wait to do it with my grandchildren some day!!
smile.png

Christmas Pj's are our tradition here too, the kids get to open them on Christmas Eve to look nice for SANTA of course (that is what my parents did for us also). Also our traditional dinner is Pasties (everyone gets to help make and choose their fillings) I try to simplify our holiday menu rather than make a huge feast, there is always so much food everywhere we go.
I love Christmas, we have already started counting the days
wee.gif

we LOVE christmas here! ok ok i love it... my kids are loving the decorating this year! i am so excited . i dont have any pics of the decorations, i had never thought about that! but ill take pics this year!! we set up 2-3 (maybe 3) trees and decorate them, all in memory of my great grama who passed in august of this year, she put up 9 trees and almost all the decorations were homeade... im gonna miss her trees this year! every room in the house gets decorated.. even the ratties cage gets lit up!! hehe ( its their first christmas!) we dont decorate outside tho, maybe someday! christmas eve we all open one gift.... its always the same thing! brand new jammies to wear for christmas morning!!
smile.png
im actually starting to put the decorations up a bit today... but i love the holidays! i have a HUGE family (4 brothers 7 sisters, 20 aunts and uncles and thier spouses and ove 100 cousins!! HAHA!) christmas has always been a funfilled family holiday! we also always host a christmas party for our close friends... i love the snow also
smile.png
*sigh*

I am!!!
love.gif
I love to make cookies the week before and we always go for a ride Christmas Eve to look at lights. And Christmas morning we open stockings then have waffles and then open big presents! Can't wait. Here's some pics from last year!

7664_cookies_016.jpg

7664_cookies_015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom