Whos my daddy/momma? Am I a boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Attack Chicken, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My daddy could be either a blue bantam wyandotte or a leghorn roo which really hates us bantams.
    My mommy could be a bantam black wyandotte, a bantam black wyandotte with gold in her wings, or a brown mixed girl.

Here we are :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you want pictures of the could be mommas and daddys I can post them

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    #1 and#2 are boys #3-girl.Leghorn can not be the daddy -he carries Dominant White and all his babies will be white.Your Wyandotte carries single comb gene

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I think 1-2 are boys, and 3 is a hen.
    Father I would think is the blue bantam Wyandotte, for what ve mentioned. Also, because the chicks seem to carry blue, look bantam sized, and Mr. Leghorn hates bantam hens.
    Mother: Could be any of the above, depending on their genes.

Good luck, they are adorable.

4. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I believe #3 is from my best wyandotte girl so she I know is pure bred.She also was pecked pretty good when she was younger on her comb. You think this will affect the growth of it much? #2 the black one does have some leakage of white but barely around his head.

5. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:She is young, so the comb may never show it. But, I would think it would depend on the damage, and if they actually removed part of her comb. I had a violent rooster rip the comb right of the head of one of my hens. It healed up, but wasn't the same, however she was older. I suppose in your case it will be something you have to wait and see. However, it looks good from the picture.

As for the black one. Do you mean the white in the neck area? If so I have seen that before with black birds. As for it is it just some white smeared in there, I'm not sure about that. Just wondering as well, does that chick have a single comb?

6. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote:The two boys have a single comb. If you look closely above the black ones eyes you can see some white. Also there are some feathers with white on the tips of the breast feathers. As for the other boy he has no white feathers but a single comb.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I agree 1 and 2 are boys. 3 is a girl.

8. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    ve i do agree with you
    #1-2 are boy # IS A GIRL