Who's my daddy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by suzeqf, Oct 24, 2011.

1. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    This is Grayson he will be 2 weeks old Wednesday(my daughter thinks he's a boy). His mom is a OEGB and his dad could be a Blue Andalusion or a Ameracuana or Rumpless Aracona(sp) or a Lav Orp. I have a cochin roo but he doesn't have feathers on his feet and I have a seabright roo and a OEGB roo but the smaller boys prefer the big girls. It's hard to get a good pic of him he doesn't like to be away from momma. He's for black legs and a bit of white on his wings and his tail feathers are just starting to come in

[​IMG]

2. suzeqf

Mar 17, 2011
    i don't feel so bad now that 30 of you have looked and no one has replied I don't have a clue who his dad is either. I know who I want it to be but I never saw him do his thing until after Smore's started sitting on the egg. This is a pic of who I would love the dad to be. This is my handsome man Apollo

[​IMG]

3. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Love your roo! He's very pretty! I don't know who the daddy could be but maybe it will become clearer as the chick grows a little more

4. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Quote:yup...time will tell!!!

5. suzeqf

Mar 17, 2011
    I love a mystery hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to tell for sure.

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Well, I doubt if Apollo is his daddy. Grayson doesnt have puffy checks. And it looks like he has a single comb, once again, probably not Apollos or your Araucanas. Granted, his mom probably has a single comb since shes an oegb. So im leaning towards the andalusian or the lav orp.

7. suzeqf

Mar 17, 2011
    That's kinda where I'm leaning too since My splash Blue Andy is my head roo but my Lav Op loves the small girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by