Who's ordered from Sand Hill Preservation?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Kanchii, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok I was wondering anyone has ordered barred rocks, polish, cochins, or mille fleur d'Uccles from Sand Hill Preservation and if so, if you could pretty place post pictures of them or tell me if they really are as close to standard as everyone says? Thanks!

2. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I've not ordered from them before but, if I get get some Blue and Black Orps from "speckledhen" and "bamachicken" this spring I may order a few just for different bloodlines.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I have...three times and got alot of assortments, mostly Polish birds. However I got rid of alot of them before I can take pictures of them at full maturity. Many of them are nice but not of greatest show quality. A little better than the regular hatcheries.

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I got some St Cochins in an assortment from them a few years ago. They were very nice birds, HUGE, and much better feather than ones I had ordered from McMurray. I think Sandhill has got it right, maybe you won't get any champions, but you aren't going to get any mutt half-breeds either.

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's great. Have any pictures of your cochins by any chance?

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    No, I don't. I sold off all my birds before I headed off to college in 2003, and I just got back into them again about a year or so ago. [​IMG] Sorry But Cochins aren't the only thing I got from them, and I was happy with all the birds. I think I'm going to order some St Ameraucana from them this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by