Who's roos in this group?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by calicokat, Jul 22, 2010.

1. calicokat

calicokat Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I'm trying to figure out which to keep - and "who's roos?" will certainly play a part. Tell me what you are thinking on these 9 week old polish:

#1 - White crested Splash Roo?

[​IMG]

#2 - White Crested Black Frizzled Roo?

[​IMG]

#3 - White Frizzled . . . . . Roo? (Man, I hope I'm wrong!)

[​IMG]

#4 - White Crested Chocolate Frizzled . . . . .? (this one's the runt of the bunch)

[​IMG]

#5 - White Crested Blue Hen

[​IMG]

#6 - White Crested ?? Is this a Khaki? Hen

[​IMG]

She's not white, she looks like she's been dust bathing, but some of this is her "real" color - so I'm thinking she might be Khaki?? Or just a bad white?

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone!! It helps to have more experienced eyes look at them. Sometimes I let my wish for one to be a hen, override what my brain is seeing [​IMG]

2. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

I'm certainly no polish expert but I am going to say the top four photos are cockerels, the bottom three photos are pullets. They're so cool though, too bad you couldn't keep them all. I love the colors! And the frizzled polish, I used to have a white standard frizzled boy named Big Bird, he was the coolest looking bird.

3. calicokat

calicokat Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Ack! The bottom two pix are the same girl, just different views, that only gives me 2 hens. And there are three more - all cukoos, I need to choose one, but it looks like all of them are Roos too [​IMG]

That will be 5 roos, 2 hens. My flock total will be 7 large fowl hens, 8 banty roos, 5 banty hens -- oh me oh my! [​IMG]

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Songster

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Don't give up hope yet. The frizzling could be affecting the crests and making the pullets look more like roos. My take on it... #1 - roo, #2 - probably a roo, #3 and #4 - I'm undecided. 5 and 6 - definitely pullets. Can't help you with the color on #6 though, sorry.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    1. Roo
    2. Roo
    3. Hen
    4. Hen
    5. Hen
    6. Hen
    7. Hen

6. askjcm2005

askjcm2005 Songster

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego
    I dont know the frizzled breed well, never really seen any. I only know the regular breed but when I went thru your posts and gave my best opinion I too thought only the lat 2 were pullets.

7. poodlepill

poodlepill Songster

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    I would guess the first 2, the ones with the honkin red wattles

8. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I can't help you but love the runt

9. calicokat

calicokat Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Oh askjcm2005 that would be the worst news of all - because the last two pictures are of the same bird, just different views~! [​IMG]

I'm going to rehome the first one, since we are all in agreement about him. Plus, he's been acting kinda "Roo - ish" anyway. I'm hoping those of you who see more hens are right! I'll wait to see [​IMG]

10. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    i change my mind I vote for 1 and 2 as roos just because the size of the wattles, if they are all the same age, cant see all the rest of them so cant say

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by