Who's roos in this group?

calicokat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
azalia, indiana
I'm trying to figure out which to keep - and "who's roos?" will certainly play a part. Tell me what you are thinking on these 9 week old polish:

#1 - White crested Splash Roo?

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_014.jpg

#2 - White Crested Black Frizzled Roo?

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_008.jpg

#3 - White Frizzled . . . . . Roo? (Man, I hope I'm wrong!)

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_019.jpg

#4 - White Crested Chocolate Frizzled . . . . .? (this one's the runt of the bunch)

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_029.jpg

#5 - White Crested Blue Hen

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_015.jpg

#6 - White Crested ?? Is this a Khaki? Hen

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_013.jpg

She's not white, she looks like she's been dust bathing, but some of this is her "real" color - so I'm thinking she might be Khaki?? Or just a bad white?

26854_polish_chicks_2_months_012.jpg

Thanks everyone!! It helps to have more experienced eyes look at them. Sometimes I let my wish for one to be a hen, override what my brain is seeing
fl.gif

I'm certainly no polish expert but I am going to say the top four photos are cockerels, the bottom three photos are pullets. They're so cool though, too bad you couldn't keep them all. I love the colors! And the frizzled polish, I used to have a white standard frizzled boy named Big Bird, he was the coolest looking bird.

Ack! The bottom two pix are the same girl, just different views, that only gives me 2 hens. And there are three more - all cukoos, I need to choose one, but it looks like all of them are Roos too
barnie.gif

That will be 5 roos, 2 hens. My flock total will be 7 large fowl hens, 8 banty roos, 5 banty hens -- oh me oh my!
th.gif

Don't give up hope yet. The frizzling could be affecting the crests and making the pullets look more like roos. My take on it... #1 - roo, #2 - probably a roo, #3 and #4 - I'm undecided. 5 and 6 - definitely pullets. Can't help you with the color on #6 though, sorry.

I dont know the frizzled breed well, never really seen any. I only know the regular breed but when I went thru your posts and gave my best opinion I too thought only the lat 2 were pullets.

Oh askjcm2005 that would be the worst news of all - because the last two pictures are of the same bird, just different views~!
barnie.gif

I'm going to rehome the first one, since we are all in agreement about him. Plus, he's been acting kinda "Roo - ish" anyway. I'm hoping those of you who see more hens are right! I'll wait to see
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom