1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who's the wizenhiemer?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WestKnollAmy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I want to know who said that Runners do not go broody?[​IMG]
    Some one better come to my farm and tell my Runners that. I have girls from Metzers and Strombergs that have gone broody. These are beautiful upright ducks.

Not only that but a Khaki Campbell has now gone broody! [​IMG]
    My Muscovy broody girls are quite ticked off to have these girls in their coop with them all day. They tolerate them at night just fine but get mad as the dickens when they see them there all day and run them off the nests.

Heathens! They are all sitting on all these ducks eggs I have to gather every day. The Muscovy are sitting on marked eggs and I check every day to make sure no new ones are added. (As if!) But I don't want the Runners on eggs, too. I want eggs from the Runners and the Campbell.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

Im sorry lol, that just sounds like something my ducks would do! Personally, id rather have the ducklings running around than all thse eggs [​IMG]

3. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Ooh how exciting! I really want one of my runner girls to go broody, cos my mum says we're not allowed to buy any new ducklings or buy eggs to hatch/incubate our own eggs but if they go broody she won't stop them [​IMG]

4. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    His name is Popple!

[​IMG]

Oh. Wait. Wizenhiemer, not Weimaraner. [​IMG]

You've got a few broodies there too, huh? I got you beat on the likelihood of runners setting, though... A couple years ago I had a BROWN LEGHORN sucessfully set and hatch a clutch. So much for them 'never going broody'. Right now I have ducks starting nests, ducks setting nests... and a couple broody EE chickens I'm planning on setting up with a nest of duck eggs each. [​IMG]

5. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Quote:For a split second there it looked like the chickens were perched on top of the dog. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by