Who's who?

Katz103

Chirping
Aug 15, 2016
Hi - I hatched a few different breeds/varieties of chicks in the same incubator, and now I'm stuck guessing who's who. Here are the breeds I purchased (at least what I was told eggs were from):

- Black ameraucana (black hens with WBW roo)
- WBW ameraucana
- Lavender Orpington

This is my first year with chickens so I'm clueless at this point as to who's what breed. I've attached a picture of the chicks I can't identify. Top left are yellow chicks, some lighter than others. Top right are mostly blackish, with the middle one having much more white than the other two - I also have a couple of these that are a very dark grey with a white spot on their head. Middle shows various shades of grey, some with dark legs, some with lighter legs. And at the very bottom are two chicks that are very dark in color, almost black, but they have some reddish-brown as well.

Can you tell me who's who please?

Attachments

• Untitled collage.jpg
    Untitled collage.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 16
Okay, so it's the blue wheaten variety of Americana? I've never heard of wheaten blue wheaten but maybe I am just not familiar with it.
That's how I've always seen it written - ameraucanas can be wheaten or blue wheaten (whereas the black in the wheaten is diluted), but in general people write WBW

That's how I've always seen it written - ameraucanas can be wheaten or blue wheaten (whereas the black in the wheaten is diluted), but in general people write WBW
Okay. I've always just heard it as blue wheaten Ameraucana, but it sounds like it is the same thing however you say it. So:

Birds in the top left picture are the blue wheatens. Birds on the top right are the black x blue wheatens. Birds in the middle two pictures are the lavenders. The birds on the bottom picture may also be black x blue wheatens or they are something else entirely.

Top left are Wheaten and blue wheaten.
Middle pic on right, 3 lighter chicks facing forwards are Lav orps.
Top right. And middle left are WBW Xs black.
If the two in pic with Lav are the ones with dot on head unsure what they are or what whichever ones with head spots are. All those will be barred. Don't know where anything blue and barred would of came from. Also no clue about bottom two since they appear barred.

Back
Top Bottom