Who's your favorite Bible Teacher and Christian Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the fire, hard to see from this picture but the fenceline borders a more or less forested area. The wind (smoke) was blowing very hard in our faces as we tried to keep the fire from climbing the trees and jumping the road. I prayed for help and shortly thereafter the wind shifted for a couple of minutes. Not a parting of the sea or rain from above but enough for us to catch our breath and continue.

32521_bbq.jpg

Quote:
Wow .. great picture .. Sometimes all we need is enough time to catch our breath .. Thank you, Lord.

Denominational differences can be significant between Christian faiths; many times I wonder who is right. We have the Bible, traditions that we believe to be good practices, teachings from the Bible presented by human teachers and the Holy Spirit. John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish:neither shall ...

Hearing God's voice is an interesting area with lots of discussion as to how and who and when. I like the books of Smith Wigglesworth, link attached.

http://www.smithwigglesworth.com/sermons.htm

Boaz, from Bible study this morning....

To show what I’m always talking about by rightly dividing the Scriptures, there is a statement by a gentleman way back in the 1500’s. .... what Coverdale wrote way back in the 1500’s .... “It shall greatly help you to understand Scriptures if you see what is written, what is spoken, and all these things ask of whom and to whom, with what words, and what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, what goes before and what comes after?”

Now, if you take all that into consideration as you study, then things will finally start opening up. First thing you say, “Well, who wrote this?” Well, Paul did. “What were the circumstances?” He’s writing to a church of Gentiles that have got a lot of problems. All these things sort of help you understand. http://www.lesfeldick.org/lesbk67.html

I've come to realize that, by not rightly dividing the Scriptures, this is where most of the body of Christ is messing up. Too many times doctrine is taught from the books that don't even pertain us grace age believers, and it causes a lot of confusion, legalism, and strife within churches and among believers.

Funny that you posted
Hearing God's voice is an interesting area with lots of discussion as to how and who and when.

on the very day I heard Coverdale's quote. I'm going to check out your link now.
smile.png

Quote:
It is my opinion that no denomination is right. My family attends church but we do not consider ourselves to be of the same demomination as that church. The only thing that is important is the Word, and if the pastor teaches it acurately. Any deviation from what the Bible truely says is where alot of denominations go wrong. Lucifer knows the Bible better than we do, and he was created to be smarter than us so he uses his knowledge to influence us into believing that what the Bible says is not how the Lord meant it. Look how he twisted the Lord's words to Eve in the Garden.
That's my thought on that. Follow the Word and find a church that teaches it accurately.
ETA: It is up to us to ask the Holy Sprit to giude us as we study the Bible so that we know how to understand the Word. Church and fellowship is important to any Christian but we need to use the Holy Spirit to guide us in our quest to be closer to our Creator. We need to understand that our pastors and priests are only human, as we are and hope the Holy Spirit will guide them as they try to teach us.

Last edited:
Respectfully, Boaz, I think sometimes it's better to just bite our tongues, and lift people up in prayer... remember (this is from Bible study today) some will plant, some will water, but only God gives the increase.

Robin'sBrood :

Respectfully, Boaz, I think sometimes it's better to just bite our tongues, and lift people up in prayer... remember (this is from Bible study today) some will plant, some will water, but only God gives the increase.

Very wise, Robin ..

I hope others will join the discussion ...​

Robin'sBrood :

Very well put.​

Listening to Casting Crowns... What this world needs -- GREAT SONG

What this world needs
Is not another one hit wonder with an axe to grind,
Another two bit politician peddlin` lies,
Another three ring circus society.

What this world needs
Is not another sign wavin` super saint that's better than you,
Another ear pleasin` candy man afraid of the truth,
Another prophet in an Armani suit.

What this world needs
Is a Savior who will rescue,
A Spirit who will lead,
A Father who will love them in their time of need.

What this world needs
Is for us to care more about the inside than the outside.
Have we become so blind that we can't see?
God's gotta change her heart before He changes her shirt.

What this world needs
Is for us to stop hiding behind our relevance.
Blendin` in so well that people can't see the difference
And it's the difference that sets the world free.

A Savior who will rescue,
A Spirit who will lead,
A Father who will love,
That's what this world needs.

Jesus is our Savior,
That's what this world needs
Father's arms around you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back