Who's Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by awheel11, Jul 13, 2010.

1. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Hey I just wanted to hear all about your favorite chicken(s) and why. I know it is EXTREMELY hard to try to narrow it down! Whatever you would like to share! I'll start:

Here's my second in command, Sally. A little white fluffball and she takes all kinds of abuse from children holding her and carrying her everywhere, but she loves it! I rescued her from a guy who had them living in their filth their entire lives. She cleaned up pretty nice!

[​IMG]

And here she is with her favorite adopted child [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, my buff orpingtons, some of the friendliest chickens I have ever known! They are in everything [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Pecky's my favorite.
    She's sweet and she follows me around IDK how to explain how much I like pecky xD

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Out of my modest flock of 6 I think my favorite is my 15 week old Barred Rock pullet Joon. She is side splittingly funny and loves ANY people including wild young kids. Whenever I go outside she runs to me clucking excitedly, and not just for treats. She LOVES being pet and cradled. She is my Boss Hen. Her favorite past time is pecking my male pitbulls nipples. LOL yes she does! He runs from her though haha.

Second is a tie between Munk, my EE, and Butternut, my Wyandotte. Munk is quirky, and spazzy, but she is 'trained' to step onto my hand if I touch the front of her legs with it. She's awesome. Butternut is a total sweetie pie who cuddles down in my hands when I hold her. Very very sweet pullet.

4. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have three favorite hens...one's name is KC, (a RIR hen) she roosts on top of our grill! [​IMG] ..(get it? KC Masterpiece)

Another one of my favorites is named Sharlene. She is a little bantie, she is adorable and she just walks right up to me..she loves being held

And my last favorite is named Belinda..shes a Light Brahma, and the sweetest chicken ever. Her sweet sister got killed by a raccoon and Belinda got attacked by one badly, I knew she was going to die, but she is actually walking and doing a lot better now! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by