Whose Been Married The Longest On BYC?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deb1, Oct 25, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Just curious. THis Halloween will be my 21rst wedding anniversary. [​IMG] I realize that there are people who have been married much longer on this site.

Who on this site has been married the longest?

Another question, who has been married the longest who had friends and family certain that they would get divorced within the first month. My husband's friends took bets as to WHEN we would divorce, not if. After the first year of marriage, hubby won a case of beer from his friends for staying married that long. I think that all his friends are divorced now.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

36 years

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Happy Anniversary, deb! [​IMG]

I'm only on 12....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    30 years on August 30th---AND COUNTING!!

5. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Hooray. [​IMG]

6. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thank you. My husband and I almost didn't make it to our first year. So, the fact that instead of killing one another, we just fell further in love is pretty amazing. [​IMG]

7. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. missfitch

missfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Marysville Ohio
    This month was our 5 years of marriage! Gotta start somewhere, and hope for many many more! Congrats everyone on your years, and heres to many more!

9. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    My grandparents were also married on halloween and it lasted until they died. I always sent them halloween cards for their anniversary. It was a good, happy marriage.
    I've been married 25. My mom told him to run for his life after the rehersal. Maybe people who can't be married happily expect that no one else could be either. Best thing I ever did was marry my best friend.
    Ups and down happen, but life goes on, and it's nice to have a friend there to share the tough parts with.[​IMG]
    Happy aniversary!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by