Whose egg is this?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Apocha14, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I have 3 Easter Eggers and one as far as I know is not laying. At one point though I was getting 3 blue eggs a Day along with the rest. I've been frequently checking for eggs as I am going to incubate soon and today I caught one of my EE's in the act. She ran away and I found this small tan egg under her, very warm. I'm not sure if she was sitting on it or had just laid it. Then almond faverolle who lays similar eggs came running in as she ran out and over to the nest. Also at one point I found a blue egg under one of my barred rocks that seemed freshly laid. Who did this egg maybe come from?! [​IMG]

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    My bet would be the Favorelle. I don't have barred rocks so not sure what type egg they lay but that looks pretty much like my favorelles. Nqot much telling. Fun puzzle to have though.:D

3. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    That was my bet... My girls just like to steal eggs haha thank you!

4. WNCcluck

WNCcluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2014
    Mountains of WNC
    We've got one Australorp who loves to take credit for all sorts of eggs. She lays lovely brown eggs, but she'll claim any color.:yiipchick

5. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    That's like one of my BR hens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by