Whose egg?

Georgeschicks

Songster
Jul 5, 2017
baltimore maryland
Hi!
I am a newbie chicken owner, and I just got my first egg about 2 weeks ago. I have a flock of 4 hens who are all currently 29 weeks old. I have two easter Eggers who were sold to me as ameraucanas, a bcm, and a Delaware. Our first egg looked like this:
IMG_3881.jpg

and I assumed that it was from our Delaware because she was the only one with a fully developed comb. About a week later we got an egg looking like the dark brown one in this picture: IMG_4125.jpg
Which we assumed was from our bcm.
A few days ago we got an egg like the green/white one in thus picture:
IMG_0259.jpeg
Which we assumed was from one of our easter Eggers. Throughout this whole process we have been getting slightly bigger, darker, and more speckled eggs. We always assumed that it was another egg from our Delaware. We have never gotten these two light brown eggs on the same day. today we got another one of these eggs. I am just wondering if they could be from the same chicken. They look very different, but I don't know which other hen could have layed it. Only one of our hens, one of the easter Eggers, looks completely undeveloped.
IMG_4201.jpg
This is a picture of the egg from yesterday and the one from today. Are they from the same chicken? If not which chicken could have layed it. I like to keep track so that I can watch out for illness.
Thanks!!!

Unless you're other Easter egger is way,way behind the others it could possibly be her, sometimes they do lay pinkish/light brown eggs instead of green or blue. If you really want to know you can put different shades of lipstick or food coloring on the vents and compare what comes off on the egg. It's getting a little personal,but it works.;)

Back
Top Bottom