Whose your mama hen then?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MammaHen, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MammaHen

MammaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    Yehaaaaaa!!!!! 12 eggs and 6 pipped so far. There's a whole lotta nuthin going on in there right now - Could be my nose plastered up against the window thats freaking them right out. So whats next??? I'm so excited I could just eat my handbag![​IMG]:celebrate:clap:yiipchick

Ok so maybe I should calm down to a mild panic and read the sticky to see what to do (or not to do) next.... Sheesh, my blood pressure....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    Congrats!!!

3. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    what day you on?

4. MammaHen

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    That post was yesterday and that was day 20. Today is 21 and Im the proud mama of 3 so far....

5. wolfbaine30

wolfbaine30 Crazy Rooster

May 5, 2008
    Blue Ridge,Georgia
    We got 4 game and 1 OEGB chicks out of 6.I'm not the momma hen,but I'm their rooster daddy.Woo-hoo.Going to be moving them to the brooder this evening.

6. MammaHen

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    Yehaa, well done! I so know how you're feeling!!! So cool. If they've all pipped does that mean they're all going to hatch or not necessarily?

7. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    woohoo! cool! you'll get the next wave soon. not sure if it's just me but they seem to come in groups of 4-6...

8. MammaHen

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    Jeepers my knees are killing me and my phone bills gonna be throught the roof. Sitting on my knees all night with my nose against the glass (it would be so easy just to put the dam thing on a table!) and all day phoning home to get an update. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by