Wht color eggs do Jersey GIants lay was told they could lay dark green

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bock_Bock, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i know brown is regular color but has nay1 seen them lay dark green eggs? please let me know what you know or think

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    No. Jersey Giants lay brown eggs.

3. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    a friend has 3 hens, all lay brown eggs.

4. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thank you guys thats what i thought so i just wanted to make sure so it looks like i got true amauracana eggs yay, but i also have jersey giant eggs too but i am selling them lol they cost to much to raise lol they eat way to much

5. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    If you have land and let them free range they really dont eat any more than the other birds I have had.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:if the eggs are green they are not true ameraucana. The only time I have seen ameraucana lay green is when someone is developing a new color, which does not make them "true" ameraucana because the color is not accepted by the APA.

eta- sounds like an EE

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Green eggs are easter eggers - mutts, not a pure breed.

Jersey giants lay brown eggs.

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    well thats fine its not like i payed for any of these eggs they were given to me for free so if they are or arent pur i dont care

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    We're not telling you that the birds aren't good birds. Just that they're not Jersey Giants.

All chickens are wonderful to be around (yes..even those that attack because we WILL remember them). Just because yours aren't Jersey Giants doesn't make them any less special!

10. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i know for sure my eggs came form a jersey giant i was just wondering if they could also lay green eggs as i was told that but i am 100% sure i got jersey giants i will show you if and when my eggs hatch

the whole not being pure thing was from the americaunas eggs being green rather then blue not about the eggs of the jersey giants

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by