Why am I such a procrastinator?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkieluver_07, Jan 14, 2010.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I always wait until the last minute to do things, and I hate it. The only thing I am ever on time for is work, but homework is a completely different story. [​IMG] Now I'm stuck with writing a 10 page report that is due tomorrow and I'm sick. [​IMG] So wish me luck on my all-nighter I'm gonna be pulling tonight. Obesity is such an intersting subject...

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'll tell you later.

3. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    [​IMG]

I am the same way....don't know what to tell ya except for good luck! And I totally agree with you on the hate part.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm an accomplished procrastinator. My last semester of college I started using a little tiny pocket calender (you know, the freebie ones from the drugstore) to write down assignments as they were assigned. HOLY COW!!!!!!! WHY didn't I start doing that earlier in my college career? It fit right in the front pocket of my bookbag, it was free and I didn't miss any assignments or turn in anything late all semester. No more panic attacks, no more feelings I was forgetting something. It was wonderful!

As an adult, I have to make lists. My husband got me an ipod touch and I've downloaded some apps to help me stay organized - keeps my shopping lists and keeps track of appointments and set reminders.

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Oh, I know all about obesity. [​IMG] It starts with Ice Cream and spirals downward from there. Usually not until you turn 40. PM me if you have any questions. [​IMG]

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I have an assignment book, but I just keep putting off everything until the las minute. Thank goodness I worked ahead on my other subjects so I can focus on this paper tonight. Only 8 1/2 more pages! [​IMG]

7. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I am the queen of procrastination.

All hail the queen! [​IMG]

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm right there with you guys! I hate procrastinating, but I can't seem to ever help it!!! [​IMG]

9. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Hahaha! I'm procrastinating right now! When I saw your thread I wondered if it was the good Lords way of telling me to get off the puter and get stuff done.

Good luck on that paper! Actually, the topic does sound interesting. There are lots of factors that come into play.

Oh, one more thing. Stop checking back here to see what we are posting. (I know that's what you're doing because that's exactly what I'd be doing.) Use this thread as a reward for FINISHING the paper now. [​IMG]

10. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I'm a terrible procrastinator! I'm constantly trying to get myself out of the habit, but then I put that off for later. [​IMG] I wonder if I'm just doomed to be like this forever...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by